A stately, upright giant timber clumper which grows 20 to 30′ tall in northern California and taller in the south. One of the most cold-hardy subtropical species. Forms a very tight column of elegant, blue powdered, 1 ½ – 2″ blue-green canes, shaded by well foliated, arching tops. Excellent for either screening or free standing ornamental. Hardy to 13 degrees. Considered a choice bamboo for weaving because of its strong yet pliable fibers and the absence of prominent culm nodes.
- Origin: China
- Minimum Temperature: 13 F.
- Size in climate of origin: 40’ tall, 2” diam
- Sun/Shade: Full-day of sun down to a half-day of sun (3-5)
- Recommended Uses: Tall screens, free-standing ornamental
- Shooting Season: Shoots all year ‘round, especially summer and fall.