A cultivar of PHAJ with light gold culms and occasional thin, vertical green stripes. New shoots come up green and gradually turn light yellow regardless of sun exposure.
- Origin: China
- Minimum Temperature: 0 F.
- Size in climate of origin: 27’ tall, 1.75” in diameter
- Sun/Shade: Full-day of sun down to a half-day of afternoon sun (4-5)
- Recommended Uses: Dense screen, pruned hedge, or container plant.
- Shooting Season: Spring
- Ideal growing conditions: Lots of direct sun, plenty of water and humidity, good drainage.
- Acceptable growing conditions: This is one of the more versatile bamboos, able to survive in both drought and soggy conditions, and in anything from mixed shade to full hot sun. Shade will slow down growth and reduce ultimate height some. Can be pruned to any height for hedge, even down to 3’.
- Size Locally in open ground: 27’ tall, 1.75” in diameter